View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #20
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
My airbox is removed and currently I am running the #40 pilot to try to eliminate a stutter at 1/8-1/4 throttle. The apparent fix for the stutter was moving to the 4th clip position and now the idle circuit seems a little boggy. I will be switching back to the #38 pilot first chance I get and then possibly going down to 110 main to lean out the whole RPM range a bit. Good luck and please report back.
Interesting. I would rather run pig-rich and foul plugs than run lean. So erring on the side of caution I will up my pilot jets and go down in the future if needed. The needle settings have very little to do with idle but come into play at low throttle openings like 1/8 throttle and up I thought. There was a good graphic showing how the different components take effect and in many cases overlap....let me try to find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkamper View Post
Yes it is important to make sure that there are no vacuum leaks. My first recommendation to was to check all the hoses to make sure they were not damaged, disconnected, improperly installed, etc...

All of my other suggestions, were based on the assumption that there was no vacuum leak, and the symptoms that he is experiencing were that of a lean mixture in the low RPM range.

Assuming he was thorough in his check for a vacuum leak, the pilot jets is the next logical step. Then he needs to ride it to see how the needle hieght/mainjet size is working for him.
I assumed that vac leaks can be pinpointed much like on a car - using starter fluid. So thats what I tried. There is only 1 vacuum line that I even disconnected which goes from the carbs to the fuel petcock and I am certain it is connected securely.. Anyways, so far I havent found any vacuum leaks.
Jerkson is offline   Reply With Quote