View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #28
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
either/or... depending on what you see as the least amount of work to accomplish.

...or you could try backing out the mixture screws with the setup you have now till you get the results you are looking for then count the number of turns that the mixture screw is set at. You can then decide on the pilot jet/clip position at that time.

The idea is to richen up the mixture/pilot circuit, as it does sound like you're a bit lean (or have a vacuum leak), right now.

Before you do, make sure, as others have mentioned, that you're sure all vacuum lines are properly capped and you have no vacuum leaks and that you have proper choke freeplay at the end of the cable down by the carbs.

Also, do yo have a way to sync the carbs? You will need to so that in the near future, if not now, if you have the means.

BTW, the 112.5 mains are most likely a tad rich and you might consider 110s in the future when you start fine tuning your jetting. You do realize you're not over playing w/ the jetting by a long shot, don't you?
Ok, i will start by backing out the pilot screws more. I believe the max was 5 turns. There is some play in the choke cable and the choke lever acts the same as it did before (in which the first 20% of choke level's range goes from closed to fully open, it is very touchy)

I'm not sure what you mean by "over-playing" I was following Factory Pro's guideline for a starting point. 112.5 mains, clip on 3rd position (and #40 pilot)

wouldnt it be better to have the #40 pilot and idle screws at a smaller # of turns (like 2.5) than to have a #38 pilot jet and screws out at 4.5-5 turns??
Jerkson is offline   Reply With Quote