Thread: Jetting Woes...
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #38
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Sorry for abandoning this threasd for so long. Heres an update (and some answers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
how much are you screwing it in at a time from the time it dips to the time it hangs?

bike fully warmed up when you're doing this, correct?
Yes fully warmed up. it seemed to be within a half screw in and it would start to hang. I started from scratch and got it sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkamper View Post
Did you get it running right? What setup worked?
It ran fine, once it was fully warmed up. About 3 or 4 backfires over the course of a weekend and a couple sputters. I have since dropped it off at a shop that has a dyno and a older dude who used to race bikes for years is working on it.

He's like a 1 man deal, does lotsa porting jobs and valve jobs. He's highly recommended (in my area) on many forums from Gixxer's to Harleys. I want it dialed in perfectly and get a good dyno graph outta it.

He wasn't pleased to see a jetting kit though. It wasnt the jets he disliked but the needles. He started talking about how the taper affects this and that and how he would rather shim needles and adjust the springs. I dunno, he lost me by then but he said he would see how he can get it to perform utilizing the kit-needles and we'll go from there.

His main concern was that I got the most out of the mods and it had good streetability. He was VERY happy to see I didnt get a dynojet kit and drill the slides.
Jerkson is offline   Reply With Quote