View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:03 AM   #27
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Only other real complaint is that the sound quality sucks. There's no bass and it's as if I'm listening through 10 year old blown out car speakers. Does anyone know the impedance of the helmet speakers? I've been considering cutting them out and soldering some in-ear monitors instead on a long enough pigtail to insert them into my ears and then put the helmet on.

I haven't done it yet because I'm not ready to hack into a system that is working and my past use of in ear monitors like the ones in the picture completely destroy any situational awareness because they effectively seal out 99% of all ambient noise. Literally can't even hear the bike and have to shift based on the vibration feel through the pegs.
Not necessarily all that helpful to you, but if you get the regular SMH10, there's a different clamp SMH-A0304 you can get that has a standard audio jack on it, so you can use whatever headphones you prefer. Unfortunately, the lead to the jack seems to be a weak point - a lot of people complained that it broke after repeated movement, and my buddy's was starting to wear there.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote