View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2014, 09:42 AM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by broilmebk View Post
I couldn't figure out if it was starving or it was flooding. My friend said it was starving as well. I have to ride the bike elsewhere to start working on it, during this time I'm going to move petcock to prime and see if the problem comes up.
I will definitely dump the fuel in the tank and take a look as well as pull the plugs if I have to.
I was gonna use some seafoam this time, but will possibly grab some techron.
Flooding is a possibility also. It would sound different - like the choke is on too much. When it's running poorly you could add some choke to see what it does. Running better with enrichening would confirm a lean condition (assuming it had fuel in the floatbowl to enrichen with).

The plugs will also tell you if it's on the rich side or not.

I don't think Techron will solve the problem, but it's just a good idea to run it once a year. Seafoam is OK, but contains alcohol where Techron doesn't. I have a friend that works in auto emissions testing and has seen Techron remove some heavy deposits on intake valves over the course of one tank. He was surprised - and impressed. That's what sold me on it.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote