View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #12
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

OK. So this has become interesting to me. I've started my own research and here is some of the data I've gathered and my "understanding" so far. I'm going to use this data and my particular weather conditions to determine if the buck is worth the bang for me.

Let me first say that I have a KOSO gauge display on my 250 and it includes a coolant temp reading that I can monitor. It also has an oil temp sensor too that I have yet to install. That will be done during my next oil change if not sooner. This morning in particular, Florida is having a "colder" spell and I commuted this morning at around 45 degree's. I noticed the bike still seemed to warm up nicely with the choke on but once I hit the road the temps never really came up to what I would call "normal" much less optimum. During my expressway commute I don't think the bike every went over 140 degree's and it mostly hovered around 125 degree's. If I am interpreting the information correctly then the Thermo-Bob should correct the inadequate highway temp and provide a more stable and optimum temp during our colder months and also would maintain a more consistent temperature during our typical 95 degree+ summer months. This will be my second winter where I plan to continue commuting to work on the 250. I'm thinking as of now this farkle may be worth the buck.

What I need to know now is I noticed you said you contacted them to design a kit for the 250. What changes were made and what was the final cost of the kit? What is the optimum temp we are looking for any way and would a cooler thermostat (less than 195 degree's) from Thermo-Bob be better for me since most of my year involves warmer temps. My KOSO gauge also record's the maximum coolant temp which I believe is currently 222 degree's. The SM says fully open at 176 so would a 180 degree thermostat be a good choice?

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote