View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #13
exploring/carolina
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

He charges $125 for all kits except for the universal kit @ $139, not sure what he will charge for the Ninja 250 kit. My kit was close to the KLR kit's parts with 3/4" hose 195F Thermo-Bob unit & 3/4" hose thermostat Bypass Tee and a 10 1/4" bypass hose.

There was discussion on another forum about the fan switch turning the fan on @ 94C (201F) and back off @ 90C (194F). The Thermobob is next to the old Ninja thermostat housing with coolant coming directly out of the cylinders where the coolant is hotter than the coolant after running through the radiator by the time it gets to the fan switch. In other words the coolant has to be much hotter than the Thermobob 195F open temp to to reach the temps to turn on and turn off the fan, as indicated in my previous temp indicator photos.

Bill (Watt-man) is a Mechanical Engineer and I am not. He offers two temp thermostats, 180F & 195F, but thought the 195F thermostat would be best for my Ninja.

When I tested the original Ninja thermostat open temp in the radiator it was @ 170F and the Thermo-Bob 195F thermostat open, indicates 188F when it reaches the radiator before being cooled by the radiator. This is a "guess", but assume the radiator bypass is sending appx 190F coolant to the cylinders after warm-up.

The Thermo-Bob system works great in my KLR during the winter & summer and I will have more time for testing the Ninja in cold weather after I finish my current project, installing an SV650 17" front wheel/fender on my 650 Vstrom.

I have detailed Ninja installation descriptions/photos if you get a kit like mine, and will be happy to share them with you or anyone that wants them.

Hope this helps and back to work on the Vstrom!

Last futzed with by exploring/carolina; October 20th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
exploring/carolina is offline   Reply With Quote