View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Kygirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250R 1979 SuzukiGS425E

@SweetB As another female rider I completely understand your desire to find a group of fellow females to ride with on occasion. I wish I could find some other female riders in my area. =)

Because I realize the female desire to ride with other female riders makes as much sense as the female desire to go to the bathroom in groups I thought I would try to explain for the guys. Hope this helps!

-As a female rider gas-station meet-ups and post ride meals tend to be a little awkward. When I'm the only girl in an all guy group I get flirted with a lot. I'm pretty average looking so it's probably even worse for better looking women. I take the flirtation as a compliment, but it gets old and makes group rides stressful because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or be rude, but I also don't want to be picked up (literally) hugged or asked out.

-Some guys (not all!) tend to show off and ride above their limits when I'm along. It makes me worry about someone getting hurt, makes me feel responsible if they do, and takes a lot of the pleasure out of the ride for me.

-Some guys (not all!) won't ride their own ride when I'm along and insist on waiting for me at every stop sign and after every twisty. It makes me feel like I'm ruining the ride for everyone. =(

-Last and not least, many guys significant others get upset when I ride with them. I recently had one guy's wife tell him he wasn't allowed to ride with me anymore.

Overall, I find that riding my little ninja with other women tends to a little less stressful and awkward, but once boundaries are established and the guys become comfortable around me and I around them group rides are fun!
Kygirl is offline   Reply With Quote