View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2021, 05:27 PM   #22
clakmurrick
carb newbie

Name: Clark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Chances are they had a "richer" taper - which complicates the mixture issue.

"If it makes you happy..." - not sure what that means. Sounded sarcastic to me.

Having Gordon go through the carbs is a good idea. Send the original parts and needles with the carbs.
Haha, I did not mean for that to be sarcastic, I am happy I got a stock airbox. I got a mint condition one for literally $22 shipped. IDK why the seller made it a bid item, but no one needs them often, so I was the only bidder.

Anyways, Gordon hooked me up! He found a ton of problems with my carbs and went over them on the phone and what he could do to rectify the problems. The bike runs amazing now! I have everything stock except the exhaust, and the bike pulls amazing at all throttle positions and doesn't hesitate at all down low. Thanks Ducatiman!

If y'all are interested in what was wrong, here's his list he gave me:
I spent afternoon into evening completing your carbs. They came out really nice.

Quote:
Issues and resolutions:

*mesh filter found upwards in fuel hose (slightly crushed/ not filtering) creating an impediment to fuel flow, .......installed EX500 mesh filter into the fuel rail (much tighter fit)
*1 float assembly adjustment tab was mauled/bent....replaced float assembly
*float valves had visible wear “lines” ...replaced with new float valves
* float valve seats showed corrosive deposits.....cleaned
*choke fuel pickup points were both totally clogged......cleared them both
*aftermarket “jet kit needles” unmarked as to size......replaced with correct needles N9VU (LH carb) and N9VW (RH carb)
*oversized pilot jets #40.................... replaced with #38 pilot jets
*oversized #112 main jets .................replaced with #102 main jets
* aftermarket pilot screws from jet kits.................replaced with OEM Kawasaki/Keihin screws (with new orings) Set adjustment screws at 2.5 turns on LH and 1.75 on RH
*wet testing revealed perfect fuel levels, no leaking (internal or external)
*bench synched the throttle plates, estimated and set idle accordingly
*slide return springs were both cut....replaced with salvage used.
*cleaned slide surfaces....perfect action.
Thanks again to y'all for recommending him to me! Could have had this bike running perfect forever ago! Oh well, now I know who to hit up next time!

Here's a pic of my bike all complete! I need to do a few touch ups to some scuffs, otherwise it's perfect! Also yes, I have a few Miatas too haha

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.