View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #62
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_marr View Post
After 3 weeks of rain, these 10 days or so in Vancouver are mostly sunny and fairly cold - around 5C/40F highs, freezing lows. The diehard bikers crawl out of the woodwork, saluting each other in high spirit. My blue 05 ZZR is in the mix somewhere, including Stanley Park and Spanish Banks where I spotted a red new-gen. Not dressed particularly warmly - just the Joe-Rocket jacket with a T-shirt and sweater underneath, a silk scarf, without the rain barrier - and not feeling particularly cold either. The fairing really proves its worth in the cold, and a stuffed tank bag cuts the draft down to a breeze. When wet, the bike stays dry under a good rain cover in front of the house. Right now, 10 pm, there is frost on both my car and the bike cover, but tomorrow afternoon, I'll be riding again. Another good thing about cold riding. The curvy waterfront roads are almost tourist-cars free. The biggest risk is a speeding ticket.

+1 as long as it's dry I'm riding to work...besides i love riding, that 351w in my truck costs 10 bucks a day to go to work and back...the ninja maybe 50 cents!!!