View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2019, 09:45 AM   #52
Raddad70
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): Honda cx650, 2005 ninja 250

The funky ninja project has come to a sad and destructive end - this will be my final post. A mile from my house on one of the few roads that are straight I planed on running it through all 6 gears. As I made the u-turn still in frist I revd the throttle and popped the cluch in second. Deceived by smaller size of this bike I could not fathom what happened next. The front end launched straight up into the air. I don’t know how long I held on before it pitched and then sky pavement sky pavement. A truck pulled up right after and a nice man and his son got out to help. End result I broke my right leg - tibia and fibula below the knee. I got more hardware in there than Lowe’s. I know this was totally my fault - it was meant to be a fun little bike to kick around on. I did not show the beloved Ninja 250 the respect it deserves especially in the VERY short time I road it. The bike itself is salvageable but may take another form in the distant future. I have the next 12 weeks to think about things. My family and my coworkers are suffering too - For the love of motorcycles! I want to thanks the good people on Ninjette for the encouragement and positivity. God bless, this is Raddad70 signing out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 8EF323ED-6BDE-4CFB-B3AF-DF1E48D23FDE.jpg (62.4 KB, 5 views)
Raddad70 is offline   Reply With Quote