View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2020, 01:30 PM   #1
Chloebelle
Meowtercyclist

Name: Chloe

Motorcycle(s): Harumi, 2007 EX250F

"Harumi" Updates and Concerns

Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I'm slowly getting back into riding after multiple... Issues.

Late last year while riding to work, she was struggling hard to react to throttle (sputtering, intermittent power jumps), and then when she finally started to "wake up"... The damn chain hopped off and wrecked the tension adjusters.

So, recent work done:
-New chain and sprockets (actually managed myself, though a bit of a pain)
-Carbs cleaned and valves adjusted by a local shop (they were highly recommended by a friend, and Harumi definitely runs better now)

At present, I'm in need of a new front brake rotor, and was hoping to get some recommendations on where to get one, and what make/model. Aside from used and aftermarket stuff on eBay, I'm not finding a lot of info. I'm just looking for a decent OEM replacement, nothing to high-performance as I'm just a daily rider, and not into racing/GOTTAGOFAST. :P

Also: She's still having issues with losing power at high throttle, and I'm struggling to get her up over 40mph. She has an aftermarket air filter and box (K&N pod filter, like that when I got her), and the shop mentioned it may be due to the carbs not being properly jetted. Were there any other potential causes of this or cheap fixes? I'm not against switching her back to an OEM filter/airbox setup. A coworker who rides mentioned it may be a fuel delivery issue (clogged petcock or something)?

I'm kinda at a loss here and knowing what the best solution for either of these issues is. @__@
Chloebelle is offline   Reply With Quote