View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2020, 06:37 PM   #3
Chloebelle
Meowtercyclist

Name: Chloe

Motorcycle(s): Harumi, 2007 EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If it's not going over 40 mph, it's a pretty significant problem. My guess is one of the cylinders isn't providing any power at all. You can confirm by pointing a laser temp at both front exhaust ports after it's been running for awhile to see if one's much warmer than the other. Looks like Amazon isn't selling the exact same cheap one I picked up a few years ago, but this one looks close.
I'll definitely look into that! To clarify a bit, I CAN get her up past that, but she struggles to maintain speed as too much throttle seems to kill any power she has (revs drop significantly). I attempted the freeway the other day and got her up to 60, but it took a bit and she struggled at the top end.

These issues weren't as bad (or perhaps just not as noticeable) before I swapped out the sprockets, but the rear ended up being a different size meant to give more top-end speed... And 'top-end' is where she struggles. Might have to swap that back out for a larger one... (it was recommended by a friend, and I failed to realize the size difference until it was too late... OOPS).
Chloebelle is offline   Reply With Quote