View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2020, 11:07 PM   #10
Chloebelle
Meowtercyclist

Name: Chloe

Motorcycle(s): Harumi, 2007 EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Sorry to hear you are still having problems after trusting your cycle to a respected shop.

Don't these "expert" shops take the cycles for a ride to see if they operate correctly? What kind of "professional" mechanic doesn't go for a test ride after major repairs?

It sounds like the carbs are not completely clean or adjusted properly. The jetting should be fine even with that filter, and it should pull all the way to redline and top speed if everything is correct. The petcock should be checked for flow (inside of the tank checked for debris as well), and also checked that all the lines are connected correctly.

Your gearing change isn't making it run poorly. It may decrease the acceleration somewhat, but it isn't going to make it run poorly, not rev completely, or not reach highway speeds.

I would take it back to the shop and tell them to fix it right - and test it before they tell you it's fixed.

Riding it in this condition is too dangerous.
I just may do that...

It was actually an older gentleman who runs the shop, and they did in fact fail to test ride... Or they would have noticed that it couldn't shift into gear and had that fixed BEFORE I showed up.

Some updates: I found that I can still accelerate up to even freeway speeds, it's just that there's a weird "dead zone" in the throttle. When I pull past it she starts getting power again. O_o

I'll try and clean/replace the petcock setup in addition to checking the temperature of the cylinders as Alex suggested.
Chloebelle is offline   Reply With Quote