adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
I approached the uphill at 130+ and at my safety point (much before yours would be my guess) I rolled off, applied brake and began to turn.
I dunno. I think you're sharper on deceleration and downshifting than I am. I've been on track walks with you at Palmer, pointed out where I roll off and you were surprised I do it so early. My perception going through that corner is that I'm too slow and lazy with speed management and could roll through faster. I think I'm wrong in that perception, especially after looking at Paul's video above.

That's what I was working on in that corner... trying to tighten everything up and carry more speed. What it added up to in effect was charging the corner.

Per the post above the faster you go the smaller the margins get. Yeah I released the brakes too quickly but what came before that is important... I blew the timing and degree of acceleration in the first place and wound up going in too hot. That's what put me in the position of having to trail brake hard.

Slowing down more before tip-in equals less trail brake pressure, equals more traction, equals getting through the corner with the rubber still on the road.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote