View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2019, 10:43 AM   #51
Fixit
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Harley XL1200C, Kawasaki ex250

owww

I bought my first motorcycle in 1980, a Yamaha 50 shaft drive, and I wrecked it pretty good possibly 6 months later by hitting a rock that must have been nearly 2 feet in diameter in the center of the riding trail. This being hard core desert with read sage brush that is hard as a rock there wasn't much of a chance of leaving the trail it this point, I locked up both brakes and slid into this rock, might have been doing 15mph when I hit and flipped over the rock. I slid for probably 20 feet on my stomach. Walked around as a giant scab for at least a month. Since then I've wrecked/fallen over/crashed many times, but most of these were in the soft fluffy sand at Pismo Beach zero harm done to self or bike. One crash while riding whoops at the King Of The Hammers in Barstow Ca in front of a crowd left me sideways under a dirt bike and only injured my pride, I got up and bowed to the crowd.

My only crashes on the street involved a bicycle and broken arm and decades later an electric scooter and two severely sprained wrists.

Glad you're ok.