CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
To everyone who has read and contributed to this thread:

From all my posts above you know that I have been riding on the track for the last few years (approx 15 track days over 3 years so far) and trying to improve my riding skills in the process. Speed is not my goal but simply a by-product from application of increased riding skills. I did approx 12 of the track days without a personal coach working with me and very little classroom time, I knew what I needed to do and wanted the time on the track to get comfortable at the higher speeds. I just returned from 2 days at the Mid Ohio Riding School and I learned more there in just 2 days with a coach than in 12 days without! I rode faster, broke later and harder, leaned further, lapped the track quicker and felt safer doing it than ever before I strongly suggest that everyone that wants to be a better rider get a professional coach to work with them! Had I done this at the beginning and applied the knowledge over those same 12 track days imagine how much better I would be right now The improvement is leaps and bounds over anything I figured out by myself: before I would occasionally touch down my knee thru turns and after one day of real coaching I was dragging my knee thru entire turns! Spend the $$ it is totally worth it and I know I would have enjoyed the 12 track days even more than I did had I known then what I do now! (Caution) Getting a riding coach may cause extreme track addiction followed by greatly increased tire wear!
Someone very smart (and handsome ) suggested that almost a year ago.