View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2016, 12:21 PM   #80
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
When you bike is set up well, it takes 0% bar pressure + good throttle control to hold your line. To stop turning, simply stop pushing the bar to once your line is set. Poor throttle control can stand the bike up and send you wide though. From what I saw, that is not the issue here.

Having said that though... You two guys (Ant and Andrew), since you let me ride your bikes and I have first hand experience on your machines... AND to put it bluntly, so there is absolutely NO questions.

Ant - your bike understeers, you will have to address that or steer a bit harder to compensate if that is how you like it.

Andy - your bike is UNSAFE!!! at anything other than a slower pace. Get whatever is going on in the front addressed and start with a new front tire then continue addressing it until the bike holds it's line on it's own (no bar pressure) while mid corner + until exit. Tires, forks, suspension, I can't pinpoint the issue in the 4 laps that I did on your machine. Sorry I did look but didn't find anything to alert you while face to face. But when we chatted you acknowledged that you would get a new tire(s) before you next track day. I am hoping it's as simple as that.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote