View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 11:49 AM   #122
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
@csmith12
Didn't nelson ledges get so bad they put cones in the potholes so you could see them, instead of filling the potholes?
Ah Nelson Ledges, they were large enough that... NOT "seeing" the holes was never even considered. The cones were put in place as a "when to call it" measure. If a cone was knocked over, the track day was OVER.

We hear street riders say stuff about hitting holes that would bend wheels and such, but this is the only track that is known to me where that has a very good chance of happening. Other issues were chunks of tarmac coming up punching holes in radiators or breaking helmet shields.

I humbly ask that you pardon me when I kinda chuckle a bit to myself when I hear riders reference "rough" surface. Since I have learned the bike can be going berzerk under you due to bumps and such, and a rider can still go fast, even in the WET! Let's call it an acquired taste.

Barring all that hot mess, Nelson will always hold a special place in my heart. I had so many "firsts" there. I am not talking about race wins, I am talking about personal skill breakthroughs.

@Ducati999
Hit the track man, new outlooks and revelations on previous issues are always finally solved at the track but this thread serving as a review and tone setting exercise will 100% serve you well.

Good luck sir!

EDIT: You use the term "pathetic" to describe yourself. Not cool... always be humble yes, but never think negatively of your progress in any way, shape or form. A WIN is a WIN! Remember my post a while back that says you can lean on your support system as a form of encouragement and inspiration? YOU are part of that too and nobody did amazing things while thinking they couldn't do it, it only happens when they believe they CAN do it.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote