View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2020, 12:09 PM   #249
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
If I ride at a comfortable speed I'll be 5 seconds off my race time. I need a rabbit to chase. If I get a tow just above my comfort level. Soon that speed will be comfortable. And so on so forth.
This! I have no issue upping the pace chasing someone, no worry about entry speed or crashing. I just put my head down and follow the rules as best I can and start to reel the leader in, BUT once I pass, the worry returns. Since I am following another rider there is no thought of entry speed its just automatically set by the lead rider, if he made it so can I! In my mind there is a magic line that if crossed will cause the front to wash. Since I personally have not yet found the line then without someone to show me the pace is safe I slow. Again it comes down to confidence backed by experience. As @CC Cowboy stated: I need more track time and being scared is keeping the bike upright. With more time running at pace, the progress should improve as fast as confidence expands.

At this time my confidence at my current pace is good and that is why I was able to improve my lap times last trip. With all the improvements I made to the geometry of the bike, tires and my mental work things are going well. I did not experience even the slightest scary moment with things the way they are setup now. Different day, different track might change all of this but at least I had a weekend on the bike where it was setup perfect for the way I was riding on that track that day. Heres to hoping the bike has a good baseline setup as I continue to look for the edge of traction.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote