View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2019, 02:30 PM   #5
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
simon crafar closed throttle turning, to come into a turn fast enough that you turn under a closed throttle.https://youtu.be/ps12mz_i3-0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Two goals, neither really "new:"

1) Later roll off/faster entry/earlier on the throttle. I'm still entering too slow, coasting too much and getting on it too late.

2) Downshifting skills on corner entry.

For my modest pace, the bike wants to be in third gear as the track starts to rise, with a downshift to second once it's slowed enough for entry. I just can't seem to get it right and have blown that corner quite often attempting to make the shift properly.
Cool. I love that you guys have some very specific things that you wish to work on. Now, upon first reading them, they may seem like they are totally different skills/techniques but there is one thing that can help drastically in both of those situations. Situation 1....coming into a turn quicker, what things can help with turn entry? Hint: What if you knew EXACTLY where you wanted to be to be at turn entry? Would you be able to get there quicker with more accuracy?

Situation 2.....getting a downshift right/consistently. Hint: What if you knew EXACTLY where you needed to downshift into second gear? Would that help with accuracy and consistency? what skill am I talking about here?

Misti is offline   Reply With Quote