Old January 20th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #18
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
You're fine. Remember the order:

main jet. (WOT at top end, usually 3rd gear is good for this)

Just rode the bike across town. Really paying attention to how everything feels. About to install DJ108 (one size up) main jet when I have a moment, then try riding.

needle. (slow roll ons and offs, anywhere from 4k-10k)

Both feel good to me, however I'm wondering if I can raise the needle a clip or washer it up for more fuel/power. Will play with that once I get the main jet sorted 100%.

fine tune the mix screw setting.

Any better way to do that than by listening to idle rise/fall as you make tiny adjustments up/down? Vacuum gauge I could hook up somewhere? Already adjusted listening to idle, but will revisit this after dialing in main jet and making any needle adjustments.

Sounds like you've got it going in the right direction. (though I'm not entire sure how you mixed the limiter up with a bog... but whatever)
Well these are the first few times I've hit the rev limiter. OEM exhaust/stuff didn't seem to make much power up high, so I never really pushed it that high in the revs.

Additionally -- the sound of the bike now is drastically different. Doesn't sound like it's revving very high at all. Can't think of anything else that I'm hitting.... it's a sudden power loss, and it bounces a bit -- must be the rev limiter.

This is my first time tuning a carb..
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote