View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #23
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Thanks ^^ I put in the bigger 108 main. Bike pulled hard to redline just like the 106. No bogging, and it was dark and about 8* cooler by the time I did my test run, so colder temp would make it run EVEN richer. And no bogging.

Only had time for one pull because the hood already hates me. Will ride the bike hard tomorrow and thoroughly test the main jet out. Wondering if I should upgrade to the 110 main... I'll know after more testing. Want the bike on the lean side because my crater roads are 10k+ feet above sea level. My daily riding is done below 1000'. So understandably lean is preferable.

Think someone along the main road called the cops, because they were crawling all over by the time it got dark. One followed me 5 miles out of the hood when I ran up to the part store to get a fluid pump for another project.

Yes I noticed almost 1/2 turn leeway either direction from where my idle screws are set. That is to say -- 1/2 turn each way didn't seem to affect idle much. Won't mess with anything until I nail main jet, then I'll consider raising needle slightly, then finally dial in the idle screws.

Carb tuning is simple once you understand enough to take the mystery out of it.

Also pulled my CRX fully fkin built racecar out of the bushes, jump started and fired right up. Idling rock solid at 14.7AFR. Very pleasing. Not that it's anyone's business, but I built the monster 50%, then got hit with a deadline and lease termination for the shop, and had to finish the second half on a 2 week deadline. Needless to say, had to cut a couple corners to get the car running and home -- where she's been sitting for 6 months awaiting a better tune for WOT so I can bring the water/meth injection kit online and pick up where I left off. Getting pulled over at 140mph+ while trying to tune was scary, and it was depressing to have to cut corners on the project.. so I kinda lost interest til now. Feels so great to see light at the end of the tunnel with the bike, finally feel like picking up where I left off with the car... hell.... I've got 55gal of medical grade, 99.3% purity methanol sitting in my back yard. Gotta get this monster out of the bushes and onto the drag strip where she belongs. 300whp in a 1970lb car (with driver)... Muahahaha! BRB starting in third gear from a stop sign to prevent wheelspin on 205 sticky tires WITH a quaife LSD.. Fastest import down the drag strip, here I come.
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote