Old April 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #9
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
The leather suits looked better. Very similar to the discontinued Frank Thomas XTiII leathers I own. I do not think that the BiLT leathers have rated armor as there was no mention in the catalog ads as such. The Sedici ads state that the armor was CE rated.
According to CycleGear, the BiLT suit has CE rated armor for knees, elbows, shoulder, but back pad is not CEII rated. CEII pad can be added. They say the leather is 1.1 to 1.4mm, thicker in the parts likely to get ground contact, the thinner bits reserved for non-critical area. This compares to 1.2 to 1.4mm thickness for the $750 Alpinestars suit.

Since I ride in 90+ temps all the time and go through boots like crazy, I dished out the $60 for the leather/mesh BiLT boots to use as my commuters. I'll put up a review once they come in. Will probably go with the Sedici Lagunas for my real riding boots, was able to confirm with CycleGear they are the same as the Cortech Latigos and Teknic Chicanes, and will be cheaper (and carry the Sedici lifetime warranty.)

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote