View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2020, 10:24 PM   #4
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): GPX250 1989 model and 1990 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra46 View Post
Thanks for the reply.. I was out there messing with it and I was only turning the bike into the ON position and the left side was still blinking so I didn’t think anything of it, but for the hell of it I decided to start the bike, low and behold the right side was now blinking. I ended up replacing the left front turn signal as well because the new ones I had got were tinted, so I didn’t want it to be mismatched... once i installed the new one on the left side, it as well was staying solid when the bike was in the ON position but working when the bike was running, which is all that matters, but I guess it’s something to do with the turn signals themselves, like you are saying. They look OEM but I know they’re not. Wish I would have started the bike sooner,
What you describe can happen if the Volts from the battery are a bit low an the flasher unit doesn’t heat up quickly enough. Could be that your battery has slightly low volts that rise when you start the bike and the charging system kicks in. Still might pay to check for correct wattage of the bulbs though?