Old August 26th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #21
hawkxcore
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZX750F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike1020 View Post
This reminds me of my first project..

I strapped my tank into a pain shaker with pea gravel. patience and perseverance.
I really like the style points. Are you going to work on any performance improvements? Shocks, break lines?

Once you get it together and running you get that great feeling...
ya know the one where the lightning strikes and you laugh maniacally into the SKY AS YOUR CREATION COMES TO LIFE !!!!!!

MUHOOO HAHAHAHA.

Then you youtube it and link it

Whats the planned paint scheme? Or is it a surprise?

Unveiling planned for?

Grab a spare gas tank off a mini bike or somthing to get it running in the mean time.

I am very much looking forward to seeing this retro ride completed.

Congrats on the progress and welcome to Ninjette.

The stranger the better around these parts. Just REMEMBER ATGATT

You going to need an 80s jacket to go with that ride!
What was your first project bike?

When I tear the front end apart to re-seal it and put new head bearings in, I'm going to drop in some progressive springs, and possibly emulators (I have to do more research on the benefits of those).

As soon as I find a reputable vendor with pre-made braided lines, I'll be replacing all the rubber hydraulic lines with braided. I've got some DOT 4 brake flush that I'm going to bleed through the system in the mean time.

Paint scheme is going to be quite simple. The tank and fender will be Sunset Orange Metallic. Everything else on the bike will be blacked out, with some random polished pieces here and there.

I was real close to ordering a Motion Pro auxiliary fuel tank last night, but ended up ordering new throttle cables instead. I've actually got a few old weedwhackers out in the shed that I could canibilize a tank off of.

Any suggestions on retro-styled gear? I haven't bought anything yet... not even a helmet. I'm debating wether I trust my melon inside a $60 DOT helmet off Amazon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
That kicks ass! That's an amazing feeling when you feel the point at which your work starts to pay off. Keep us posted!
It really is... I've been smiling all morning. I can't wait to move further forward on this beast. She's got an exhaust leak at the head, but sounds nice regardless.

Ninja Edit -- Adding picture of the rear light working

Last futzed with by hawkxcore; August 26th, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
hawkxcore is offline   Reply With Quote