View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:21 PM   #99
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHairSar View Post
I'm sure your argument is valid, but... after a bad day, and probably a bad night in a hospital, it seems like a really easy thing to give someone their keys. Especially when they're keeping the bike locked up, so it's not like he could take it anywhere.
True. But compassion will take you straight into bankruptcy in this business. The fact is that you are always, at all times, dealin with people who are in crappy situations. But like I said, you get yourself into that position, don't get upset when the person cleaning up your mess feels the need to make an honest living doin so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
If DOT wants a fast clean up then they can pay for that.
Trust me, you don't want that. Seeing as how you would still be held liable for damages, you would probably be getting a bill for thousands of dollars for just the tow on a simple fender bender. If you don't want to pay, then figure out another way to get your car out of everyone else's way.
Quote:
I and many others have AAA or something like AAA already payed for and don't need extortionists holding there vehicles.
And if AAA can get a truck out there fast enough, then that's all well and fine. Trust me though, AAA will often leave you waiting too long, and the CHP shouldn't have to pay for an officer to secure the scene for hours while waiting on a tow truck to show up. Oh, and since traffic always slows down for accidents, it costs thousands of people time until your mess gets cleaned up.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote