View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2018, 08:34 AM   #1
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
out of the parking lot

Since I got back from my 2 day instruction, I have been on the streets 3 times. Just riding up to the mall and practicing there. Doing laps around it, using the Rubber City Harley range.

Today I went to Hudson I went to the mall to warm up first (a few laps, weaving to loosen myself up, stops, turns, etc), but then got gas and started the real ride. I was attempting to go to Hudson High where I'll be doing the Returning Rider course at the end of the month, but I missed a turn I didn't know I was supposed to take and just kept going lol. I pulled into an industrial park and looked at my gps to see I had overshot the turn by a mile or so. Not a big deal, after today, I know I can make it there. 28 miles round trip, not a problem now.

things I need to work on:

1. steady stops, 75% of the time I'm putting my foot down too quick.
2. those damn right hand turns from a stop. I either go wide, or like when I'm in the parking lot and I try to do it sharper, I stall. I'm not feeling the confidence there.

Otherwise, I'm feeling great I'm relaxing more. I found that the more I grip the tank, the more loose I am on the bars. My hands didn't cramp up once today. I felt fine dealing with traffic and traffic lights. I really enjoy getting up to 50 mph lol (the highest speed limit on my journey was 45). Patiently waiting for the class so I can finally get my endorsement and ride on the interstate for the first time

all in all, I may have only put 40 miles on Takara this morning, but it felt awesome! I also got my first biker wave on the way back I couldn't help but be excited when the dude on the Harley waved. I didn't feel comfy taking my hand off the bar or I would have been all Forrest Gump

Link to original page on YouTube.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote