View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2018, 04:28 PM   #8
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
thanks I hope I'm not boring everyone with updates.

I'm happy to be making forward progress after the BRS debacle. I was pretty shocked when the coordinator for the Hudson site where I went to it suggested I take the RR class. I was just hoping to get into a class when he was coaching. After watching his class for a half hour or so, I really dug his style. Reminded me of Chris with all the positive feedback and having fun with it. I let him know the cliff notes version of what happened and that's when he told me he was the coordinator for the site. After talking to him, he didn't care that I technically didn't meet the mileage/time requirement for the RR class. He said it wouldn't make sense for me to take the BRS again after what I did at Mid O. Plus it's less group ride time, only 5 hours instead of 12. He is also letting me ride Takara in the class.

After watching the beginning of the class, I don't feel bad about being a newbie. I noticed several of the riders walking the bikes to a stop, as well as practically stopping on top of each other.

I wish I had more time to ride aside from Sundays at the moment, but I know as my comfort level rises that will happen. The class will help, along with getting out more in general. I know I'll soon be the type that says to myself "hmmm....i need to grab something from the store. it'll fit in my backpack, I'll take the long way "

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.