View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:40 AM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Now reason I wanted to replace muffler on racebike was to preserve my Laguna Seca elbow.

Tyga wouldn't sell me just the end-cap alone so I can switch out the elbow easily and I didn't want to chop it off and weld it back on each time. So I thought about getting Tyga's carbon-fiber muffler to swap. But they wouldn't tell how much it weighed, so bah! I'll just get the Ali one.

The Ali muffler weighs 1.39kg without noise-insert compare to 1.62kg for Tyga w/Laguna Seca elbow. Without the elbow, they're probably similar. The Ali muffler has thicker gauge tubing and the conical end-cap trades off lightweight functionality for some concession to aesthetics.

The noise insert weighs 0.09kg. I'll run my race-bike without it and use it on street bike.

I won't have time to install until this weekend. Need to weld on the loops for springs on street bike and weld on a stopper-ring on the race bike.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote