View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #10
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
if you buy or make a relay harness for the ballasts you won't have any problems converting both hi and lo beams. I got the DDM harness with my kit, and after a small mod (they use one relay for both beams, and I needed it separated into 2 relays) it draws the current for the ballasts directly from the battery, and uses the stock wiring to operate the coils on the relays.
Was it some small relay they sent with it? Just curious why you had to separate it into two relays. All 3 of the HID installs I've done, I've only ever needed one 30A relay to make them both work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
G21-30'S excellent DIY shows the Lightning industries kit...so not wanting to argue with success and seeing that the DIY deals with that specific brand I'd get that one. But....cant seem to google up lightning industries for HID kits....or does it matter.
I suppose the real question is which kit to buy. There are lots of them available and i'd rather depend on the experience of ninjette.org than the manufacturers claims.
Recommendations pleeeze.
Don't buy the xentec kits that are all over ebay. Also don't buy from mod-express. I bought from them a long time ago and they were good stuff, but in my recent purchase, I opened the box to find debadged xentec. I was not happy. DDM tuning has a good rep. I would have went with them if they didn't pull their slim kits off their site. The reason you probably can't find anything on Lightning Industries is they probably went under. Many HID shops are here today, gone tomorrow.