View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2017, 07:46 AM   #12
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
My two cents: You're body position is not hindering your riding one bit. What is going on between your ears and the effect is has on how relaxed/tense you are has far more effect on your riding.

My advice at this point: Just go ride the track without really trying to do anything but enjoy being on the track. No "How's my body position", "am I looking in the right place", "am I hitting my turn-in", etc.
Go enjoy yourself on the track a bunch of times without worrying about anything having to do with your performance on the bike. Then when you get to the point where you are naturally improving your riding bit by bit because you are more relaxed in general, you can start being more intentional about it.

Another key is that a rider shouldn't try to go faster everywhere on the track at once. It helps to only work on one or two corners that are at different parts of the track, and leaving your riding the other corners the same for the time being. Then when you are satisfied with your progress in those first corners you were working on, you pick two more corners and so on. Even with your work on body position I would do this because your ability to focus on other aspects of your riding is diminished if your attention is focused on body position everywhere.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote