Thread: Gamers
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2020, 06:49 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I worked at this game-company for couple years. What better than getting paid to play with games!!! Had really good combination of 3D visuals with matching tactile feedback. Along with 3D sound and even smell!

Imagine feeling the tick-tick-tick under your feet of train running over railroad joints. Feel the cold metal doorknobs as you open actual heavy doors. Open squeaky and rusty file-cabinet drawers... Feel blasting heat as you walk past furnace. When you're walking plank across building-tops, it actually wobbles due to bolt-heads screwed in underneath. You actually see it tilt back and forth to match what your feet feels...

Trick is to match what you see with what you feel, otherwise you end up with nausea and people falling over (most VR games will cause this). When you go up & down elevators, you're actually on platform that moves up and down for realistic sensations. When the train slows, platform you're standing on actually tilts so your ears feel correct deceleration to what your brain is seeing. Same with helicopter turning & banking.

Gun has recoil kickback and that force actually changes depending upon which of 5 guns you select, along with sound off-course (I actually added 1.5-lbs of lead weight inside gun). Our first retail location was featuring Arizona Sunshine in Orlando and it was blast! Everyone loved it (especially cops), where else can you fire off M16s full-auto and shoot zombies! I wanted to have chunks of flesh and blood fly off and hit people, but for liability reasons, they turned down anything that would touch players.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to original page on YouTube. - good Adam Savage review

Unfortunately, management sucked and wasted all investors' monies before we could get in the black. So, so, so very close...

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; December 11th, 2020 at 06:20 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote