View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #56
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I think I want to give this a try..just wanted to make sure this is really as simple as the instructions said. Remove the cover, pull the needle out, slide the washer(s) onto the needle, and put the needle back in? Is it really that easy, other than making sure the boot stays seated & the spring is aligned during re-assembly?
After removing the fairings & gas tank, pretty much it is that simple.

Few other warnings/suggestions though:
The carb caps are under spring pressure, so they may pop up at ya. Make VERY sure you don't poke a hole in the diaphragm (expensive to replace and a pain to repair) and that you get the needles back into the correct carb side. I'm not 100% sure about pre-gens, but the new gens have two different OEM needles (one per carb/cylinder) and it matters which side is which. The washers will sit "under" the needle, so they will fall off into the diaphragm (what you called the boot) if you don't hold onto them while re-loading the needles. And finally, pay attention to where the vacuum lines go/how they're routed BEFORE you take things apart. You might even label them with some tape if you're not sure... Most of the hoses are pretty easy, but there's a few that are easy to mix up.