Old November 25th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #42
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Pretty much,

I overdone it on the weights when I was still growing, I've legs like tree trunks, & could squat 220kg at 17... 28-29" inseam & at one stage they were 24" around, an ex was able to fit her belt around 1 of my thighs

Back when I was an artillery gunner I could raise the trails & push a 1.8 ton field gun around without assistance, I think the Bty. Sgt. almost had a hernia himself when he saw me do it

Slide your left arse cheek off the side of the seat, as you stop on the rear brake tip the bars left the whole way & lean it over so you can flat foot it on your left foot.

Be sure of what you're about to put your foot down on (or in...), I almost dropped a mate's 800cc BMW that way, & once ended up taking a detour off road on the ninjette, got stopped & put my foot down a hole, bike tipped over but rested on my leg & needed a mate to help pull it upright before I could get my leg out of the hole

Once you're ready to go point the bars forward & roll on, the bike will stabilise in an upright position once it's moving.
To be honest, they're not that far off. You have to bear in mind that proportional to height, women typically have longer legs than men. Beyond that I agree. The only bikes I've ever really felt very uncomfortable with the height are the Ducati Supersports, though I think that may have to do with the price of them. I have the same inseam (28-20), but I also only weigh 145 pounds, so sinking the suspension I cannot do with most.

To the OP, lowering the bike has a lot of adverse effects, if you can help it, bring it back to stock height as you get more acquainted with the weight and feel of the bike. Good luck and don't give up! Also, if you need to move around in a small space (or back up) just get off and walk, no shame in that! Trust me, it's much worse to drop it than to walk it :P
leed is offline   Reply With Quote