View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #28
Terminal
ninjette.org member

Name: Gene

Motorcycle(s): '02 EX-250, '03 EX-500

Pump -> fuel rail line replaced with some 1/4" FI line from NAPA along with actual fuel line clamps. The worm clamp on the pump end snapped while loosening, glad I decided to replace it!

There were unfortunately no pictures taken during these final steps due to limited working space and the fact that it was a lot of silly things like removal/re-installation of the fuel tank while tracking down the fuel leak. If anyone wants pictures of specific install points please let me know and I'll take some on request and post them here.

Ran the bike for 5-10 minutes at idle and other than some smoke from leftover flux on the exhaust welds everything looked & sounded good. ProCAL shows the O2 voltages flip-flopping as expected and idle holds at 1500-1600 with an occasional burble as it heats up. After revving to 6k a few times the bike no longer dropped down below idle when letting off the throttle so self-learning is also working as expected.

I'll be buttoning up the last few bits (I hope) tomorrow including finding a way to secure the battery. Monday is aiming to be state inspection day and then I'll spend a few days commuting before handing it back to the wife for her use and abuse
Terminal is offline   Reply With Quote