View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #169
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

I'm not saying there should be an end to the discussion. I love heated debates. Keep them going! But it's no fun debating with people that aren't going to acknowledge the other side's argument. That's what's going on here. It's like a devout Christian and an atheist arguing about God, which is an awesome spectacle to witness BTW.

The article I posted about Toyota adding sound to the Prius shows that having an audible vehicle allows those around you to know that a vehicle is around even if it's not seen. This doesn't mean that loud pipes save lives, so please don't infer this from my comment. All it means is that being heard is an advantage. And I think that's what a number of people are arguing: it's better to be heard and seen than to be not heard and seen.

On the other hand, audible vehicles can disturb the area around them. Obnoxiously audible vehicles not only disturb but disrupt communities, neighborhoods, and even ecosystems. There needs to be something to correct that. And I think that's what this legislation is meant to do. Is it going to far by killing all after-market exhausts? It doesn't matter. It's job is to minimize the impact on the environment. I applaud that.

So, I don't know... I guess we can keep on going at it. But if people won't try to understand the other sides point, then this discussion is pointless, meaningless, and just sheer entertainment to those reading it. Because there is no doubt that this thing is funny!
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote