View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2016, 05:46 PM   #33
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Cutting the guy a break? I did that once. A guy at the local dump backed into my van's side door. The adjuster looked at the damage and said it was something like $225. We both had Allstate insurance, so I asked the adjuster what the limit was before the other guy's premium would be increased. He said $200. I looked at my door and said it looked like I could reuse the chrome trim, since is was just a little bent. The adjuster took that off the list and the total was under $200. I remember the adjuster telling me that not many people do something like that. I hope it happens once in a while though.

In this case, I doubt if sickopsycho's crash lends itself to staying under the premium-increase limit.
I have not spoken with the insurance adjuster about the value of the bike yet, but I doubt its over $2000. The bike simply isnt worth a lot. I do have a medical claim, though, and I'm sure that's gonna be well over that limit. Not that I'm trying to take anybody for a ride... I missed several days of work... but that's what PTO is for IMHO. I'm not claiming that. All I want is my medical bills paid, my bike paid for and a new helmet. Rest of my gear is fine and my bruises will heal. I know a lot of people will get an attorney and try to milk it for all it's worth, but like @Triple Jim said... it probably could have been avoided if I wasnt such a new rider. Sure, she was at fault- but I could have been slower moving out there and made dang sure nobody was where they shouldnt be. I know I wont make that mistake again.
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote