View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 06:14 PM   #8
Ninja Rob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
I'll try to address all your comments.....the brass colored screw in pic 1 and 2 is the pilot screw (adjusts idle fuel mixture) You need to replace the tiny oring which resides deep inside....also a spring and tiny washer then oring (in that order) should be present on each screw.

Pic 3 is bowl drain screw, a 3mm allen to remove

Pic 4 flattened bowl gaskets (imperative to replace both)

Pic 5 float valves, RH one has come apart (imperative to replace both)

Pic 6 whacked out, high float levels carb on LH side of pic due to broken float valve. You must replace float valves, clean seats and adjust.

of course, every screw needs replacement. I use stainless buttonheads, don't even need washers.

What shape are the diaphragms in?

You plan on splitting them to enable replacement of the rail orings? Also enables access to inspect the vacuum hoses between. Then of course you've got to remove the choke plungers to access the enrichener circuit...then inspect/service the decel valve.. more and more.

Those carbs are pretty rough...consider a refurbed set.
Where can I get a quality refurb set? I'm trying to get it running and then sell in the near future. I'm thinking it'll start getting expensive to continue to own it. I'm saving for a newer bike. 😁 I didn't mind learning how to take apart and clean the carbs. It has actually been a good experience so far.