View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #70
Cling
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 06 Honda 1000RR, 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I have 1 on-track crash in my life and I'm still hurting from it at times 3.5 years later; you get 7 crashes with zero consequences? argh! But I'm happy for you.

My Helimot suit held up just fine, but my Sidi Vertigo Corsas weren't enough to prevent a reasonably severe ankle injury (I believe the bike slammed down on the boot).
Yeah, I think my magic suit makes me invulnerable or something. I once crashed up at Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon) when it was raining, doing maybe 80MPH around a turn I low-sided... I was sliding and watching my bike spinning down the road, as a SUV comes around the turn strait for me!!! I throw all my body weight to my right in an attempt to miss the back tire and next thing I knew I was tumbling in the dirt on the side of the road, guess I missed him He stopped and got out of his car, white as a ghost.. I think he was surprised that I had a smile on my face.

I could prolly consider myself a professional crasher, I am 100% clear headed now when I crash, hence why I was able to un-crash myself the other day. Who says crashing doesnt pay off?