View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2019, 03:35 PM   #32
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
When you cleaned carbs, how many turns out did you set pilot screws to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonH7 View Post
Although DannoXYZ , I could remove brass nipple which is connected to the petcock the vacuum hose one and just act like it isn’t there. And then try the bolt in hose for the vacuum coming from carb? I don’t have rubber plug for the vacuum hose
Most critical is that vacuum port on carb not be open to atmosphere. Either by plugging vacuum hose into petcock or plugging its open end with bolt since you don’t have rubber cap. Let’s figure out how this petcock works.

Now this looks more correct. Can you get photo of back side of petcock from other side of bike?

I’ve have encountre petcock like this before and have suspicion. That may explain why bike dies after 90-sec as petcock may not be delivering sufficient fuel because there’s vacuum-leak at petcock diaphragm. Brass nipple should NOT be removable, and just pushing it back in would give insufficient seal. Should re-install brass nipple with some RTV silicone on outside of nipple and tap it in with rubber mallet. Then test:

1. With bike off, disconnect both hoses from carbs and aim fuel line from carb and aim into measuring cup

2. Turn petcock to ON, does it flow petrol? If you get petrol out of both hoses, we might need to get new petcock or plug up one port.

3. Next apply vacuum to petcock’s vacuum port (unplug from carb end also). Vacuum can be applied by sucking on vacuum hose, dangerous if petcock if diaphragm is leaking. Or use syringe.

I prefer hand-operated vacuum-pump w/gauge because you can collect two valuable pieces of data. One is vacuum-level that opens petcock. Other is whether diaphragm holds vacuum, or you need to continually apply more and more vacuum to keep petrol flowing.

4. let petcock flow for 30-seconds. Turn OFF and measure amount collected in cup.

So, next stage after confirming VRM status is determining functionality of petcock.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; October 12th, 2019 at 06:15 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote