Old February 16th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #176
fire
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Yep.

Are you sure it's bottomed out? Did you put enough oil inside? I'd measure in a cup and add the right amount while they are mounted and suspended.

Another curiosity: Did you hammer the seals in? I used PVC pipe instead of a seal driver.
I went to the stealership and orderd everything, including a measuring device etc. I used the pvc method as well to get the new oil seal in, with the old oil seal on top and hammering it down into place. There is no leaks so I am assuming the oil seal took.

Yes I can hear a like bang noise that sounds like metal on metal. I am only getting maybe 3 inches of travel as well.

Is the smaller spring about 2 inches in length supposed to be able to move freely up and down in the lower cylinder between the very bottom of the cylinder with the small tapered cap and top of the nail/tapered cylinder thing? I thought that was kinda weird almost like the spring should be on the top of the nail thing.

Also does the nail/tapered cylinder fit into the upper cylinder? like should the upper cylinder slide down and over that nail/cylinder thing and rest on the smaller spring?

From what you can see/read in my little picture does that look correct?
fire is offline   Reply With Quote