Old February 27th, 2015, 12:37 PM   #22
fry1024
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 650R & 2007 Buell Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
MOTOFOOL,
Extremely well said. I agree that "More Laws" are not the answer but More Education very well may be the answer. There is little use for a $500 A* jacket and a $600 Shoei helmet if you do not crash! The sport of riding Motorcycles is all about decisions, what bike, what gear........ There is just as much bad information out there as good information so if you are totally green to riding your opinion of what is best, right and even safe is dependant on who you look to for advice/information. when I started riding The people who mentored me told me not to buy smaller than 600cc because I would get bored with it quickly. They had raced dirt bikes (including 500cc 2strokes) and ridden on the street for years. They also told me just to get a helmet and gloves and dont worry about a jacket till fall (this was spring). I have learned this is crazy now and wont even get on the bike without all my gear. Some people dont consider it dangerous enough to wear a jacket or even a helmet when they are riding locally. We all have to decide what level of risk we are willing to take every time you thumb the starter on your bike. There is a lot more to bike safety than simply wearing gear. You must be like a deer in the woods always ready to jump at the slightest sound and see what is about to happen not what is happening. The best safety gear is your ability to see the danger before its too late! Everything else is just to simply limit the amount of damage not keep you safe. Sorry this ran so long I wanted to get my point across but there is too much info. Hope this makes sense
I think you made you point just fine.
fry1024 is offline   Reply With Quote