View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:15 PM   #28
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Horrendous. His life right now and for many months ahead isn't a life I'd wish on my worst enemy. I hope he has support and I hope he finds strength within to get through this.

I think it's likely those prospective riders will come to the conclusion "motorcycles are dangerous; you shouldn't ride one" instead of coming to the conclusion "motorcycles are dangerous; you should exercise a high level of care, self-responsibility and caution if you choose to ride one".

I regard the former conclusion as illogical, but none-the-less, deciding that "motorcycles are dangerous" may well save a lot of people from a disastrous outcome.

I think if someone achieves the wisdom to arrive at the latter conclusion, they will get to experience the very unique, enjoyable and engaging experience of riding with a vastly decreased risk of suffering a terrible crash.
This is exactly how my parents always felt, they tend to see it the other way some now after having to follow me home from the airport when they visited. Still scares the hell out of them that I ride though, but I think it was witnessing first hand the gear that I ride in and how attentive I am while riding that has eases their minds a bit.
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote