View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2019, 09:17 AM   #5
jcarbelbide
ninjette.org member

Name: JC

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2011 DR650

I emptied the gas tank and put in fresh fuel, though the fuel is probably about a month old now. I did put fuel stabilizer in it. I just used 87 gas from a nearby gas station that I would put in my car. Do you think it's worth replacing that? Would that stop it from starting?

I did check to make sure that there was gas coming out of the tank, but all I did was pull the tube going to the carb and check for gas. Gas came out, but it wasn't flowing from the petcock when I took out the tube. What's the best way to check if it flows with a vacuum? I'm not sure how to check for proper flow. Whats the best way to look at the condition of the inside? Flashlight from the top?

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say the small fuel filter on the inside of the fuel line where it connects to the carb. I do have what looks like a filter on my DR650 but all I have on my ninja are two tubes that connect directly to the carb. I have attached a picture below.

I've never really touched the air filter, but it did seem to be intact and didn't seem dirty. I'll look into what it should look like.

I recently replaced the tires, so they're pretty new.

In terms of the carbs, I did a rebuild, and I think I probably messed up the floats. I bent the tabs so the floats met the 17mm requirement, but they felt different from before. They felt a lot lighter. I want to get the bike running again before sending my carbs to be overhauled. I read in another post that they were having similar problems to me, and a valve adjustment helped to get rid of the idling problem I was having before the bike stopped starting.

Grateful for all of the help. Thanks so much!

jcarbelbide is offline   Reply With Quote