View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #2
davenay67
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Goldwing GL1800, 2002 Ninja 250, 2001 VFR800, 1999 Ducati 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmichRider View Post
Had new tires mounted yesterday at a local shop, me and my brother put the wheels back on the bike no problem, but the rear has a slight wobble when we tested it. Not sure if this is a misaligned chain or rear wheel, but I figured out those hash marks on the chain adjusters are useless. I looked at the wiki page on ninja250 but still had trouble with the tire after. The shop didn't balance the tires after mounting, said that they didn't need to, could that be it?
When you say 'wobble', do you mean something that you feel when you are riding, or something that you can visibly see when you spin the rear wheel..??

The shop should have balanced the wheel for you, it's part of the whole new tire process. I'd be a little bit annoyed if they tried to pass that line about not needing balancing off on me.

The wheel alignment marks aren't to be trusted. They might be good, they might be bad....who knows on your particular bike. Check out ninja250.org for some better tips on wheel alignment. I have the Motion Pro tool that allows you to sight a metal rod down the length of the chain, so you can visibly see the chain is straight....I totally ignore the axle alignment marks.
davenay67 is offline   Reply With Quote