Old October 25th, 2011, 04:26 AM   #32
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warapura View Post
Umm, that's because their was only one CBR that joined the series with 4 races to go. It won each of those.

In the first race it beat 22 ninjettes, the next races it won, but I'm not sure how many ninjettes were running because it only shows the loser's positions from 2nd to 10th.
Ummm, that's because the ninjette is a better race bike overall that is overwhelmingly preferred on the track. Congrats to Andrews for being a good rider with an advantage with his stack. Put a group of Kawis against another group of CBRs and you'd see a nice distribution, most likely with the Kawis doing better overall. Regardless, it says nothing about the speed of the bikes, or their comparative advantages off the showroom floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warapura View Post
Was just posting the results of the only race series I know where these two bikes have raced against each other.
No, you were just trolling a ninjette forum because you are a CBR rider who likes to take a singer rider with and technical advantage out of context of the overall merits of the respective bikes. There are points to be made in both directions, but none of it has to do with this result. Objective tests, time after time, say that the ninjette is a quicker track bike with mixed results on which bike is better overall, as it seems largely to be a matter of personal preference. For me, I'm really suprised it is that close when Honda had 4 years to try to out-engineer the ninjette, and they still couldn't do it.

For example, my ninjette makes 30hp on its two cylinders with only minor mods. What does your CBR do? I think you can beat me on the low end, but with the revs up in race conditions I'd smoke you. I would not, however, smoke Andrews, who appears to be an outstanding rider. Has nothing to do with the merits of the bikes, though.

Again, get thee back to your CBR forums.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake