View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:27 AM   #1
Tooch
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2015 zx10r, 2010 Ducati 848

Just an unexpected oops story

So late once night about 4 years ago, my roommate comes up to me and asks if I want to go for one last ride before putting the bikes up for the night. We parked them in the dining room, so it was a real PITA, when they were put away, they were in for the night.

So we go out for what I think is gonna be a quick ride. Back then (3 or 4 years ago) we were nuts, riding like crazy in shorts and t shirts, but always a helmet, which is what ended up saving my life that night.

Long story short, what was supposed to be a quick ride turned into a long night and months of recovery. I went down way faster than a little 250 can go, and God was looking out for me that night. After going down, I jumped up because I didn't want my buddy and his wife worrying about me, because that's the kind of person I am. If they weren't there, who knows how long I'd of laid there. I don't even really remember what happened other than washing the front end braking. High side, low side... no idea. My bike did hit water barrier in blocking a cement jersey barrier though. I curled up into a ball and rolled it out the best I could.

I waited for 3 days before I decided to finally go to MedExpress. The nurse told me I had the worst case of road rash she's ever seen, with staph infection setting into my knee. Luckily a heavy round of antibiotics knocked that out. I ended up with rash on both arms, both legs, my chest and my back, as well as a small crack in my wrist. I can honestly say the months of healing and recovery were the most pain I've ever felt in my life I don't think I'll ever really forget it.

After a couple weeks, my roommate started trying to lift my leg onto the peg of his bike so I could get out and get a ride in. After a wreck like that he was worried I'd get scared to get back on.

Long story short; you won't hear me preach ATGATT, but please wear a helmet. It saved my life, it could very well save yours.

Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote