DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Nathan,
I see two issues in your post, correct?
-Bike won't turn over
-Dash lights go on and off when moving handlebars

For the bike not running, isn't the AUS version fuel injected? Look into the wiring diagram for your bike, but I believe there is something within the wiring circuit of the ignition switch that enables fuel pump to run, which sort of primes the line, in anticipation of engine crank and start. If it's carbed, then there is a fail safe within the wiring circuit of ignition for the ignition controller. Essentially, you're going to need a new ignition switch. Should be able to get a new ignition set still. Try @PartsNinja and see if he has the entire ignition/key/rear seat lock assembly so that you're bike is keyed the same.

As far as the dash lights, remove fairings and check the main harness that runs along the bike on the left hand side. Check for any bad wires, frays, etc. Off that harness, just under the clutch lever area, it should branch off and go under the gauge display. Check that also, check any plugs along the way. And finally check under the gauge display area. You have a loose wire or loose ground most likely, and turning that one way is momentarily breaking the connection, hence lights out.

Sounds like this bike may have had a rough life. Put the effort and work into it, learn on it, take care of it, and you'll be surprised how good of a bike it is.

Last futzed with by DmbShn41; August 15th, 2015 at 07:09 PM.
DmbShn41 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.