View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2021, 11:55 AM   #27
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks guys ! I appreciate your opinions !
...but here's the problem... the manual says the engine oil MIXES with the Primary chain case at will.... there is supposed to be 3 holes drilled in the case for this to happen.... when I checked the engine oil level it looked like very very thick oil.... much thicker than 20w40 oil, but I could be wrong ...it was quite cold out side....
if the P.O. blocked off those holes gear oil should be no issue....
if not it would contaminate the engine oil.... so that's where I set.
I left the primary cover off and the engine oil has not dribbled out so I am thinking that it can only do that if it's running.... it's a dry sump system and I have never really messed with such an animal before... the OIL in frame
addition to this bike adds more difficulty because it draws from the oil in the frame and then circulates it in the crank, kind'a a strange setup.
but sense I am having clutch slippage issues I think I will go back to ALL 20W40 oil in everything to get it sorted out....
the transition IS seperate from the engine so I can run what ever I want in it.... but the primary chain case is supposed to be connected to the engine oil circulation, barely but it is supposed to be . !
I have new clutch plates and metal plates coming and new springs ( standard ones) and I am fairly confident that will cure the issue....
...then I will just have to be sure and eat my Wheaties before I try starting it ! LOL..... it ain't easy to kick through !
Bob...........